Advertising on LinkedIn
Before registering to use LinkedIn’s advertisement network, you would have to first decide if this is indeed an ideal outreach platform for your business and how the network compares with other available ad networks.
Keeping in mind that most of LinkedIn’s 250 million over users are professionals with little time to waste, it is generally understood that business-to-business marketing services are ideal for LinkedIn’s ad network. So, if you are providing a service specifically meant for other business owners or high level services to already working professionals, LinkedIn’s ad network would work well for you.
LinkedIn allows you to push ads on their network via pay-per-click (CPC) or pay-per-impressions (CPM) methods.
- CPC allows you to control the maximum amount you are willing to pay for every click on a daily basis. This is method is aimed at clients who wish to post ads intended to drive conversions from customers.
- CPM allows you to control the cost you incur for showing your ad 1000 times, regardless of the number of clicks garnered. This method is good for creating more awareness of the existence of your company and its services.
Moving on to actual ad set-up, let us look at the process in greater detail (we assume that you already have a LinkedIn account set-up and registered).
To first create an ad:
- Navigate to the “Create an Ad” page and fill in the necessary fields. Most of the field are self-explanatory so we will only explain the following which may be confusing to new users of ad networks:
- Ad Destination: You can use this to link your ad to a LinkedIn profile or an external URL. There is no right or wrong method of deciding where you want your ad to point to, but generally speaking you would want it to point to a conversion page, in order to maximise the chance that viewers who click on the ads can quickly make a purchase.
- Ad Design: The headline has a 25 character limit and the description is limited by 75 characters. Images can be also added in this field.
- Set up your targeting options but do keep in mind that if your projected audience is too small, your ad might not run to the stipulated budget and you might not be getting the exposure you need or desire. At the same time, allowing your ads to show to customers who are well out of your targeted group will be a waste of money. So pick your targeting criteria wisely!
LinkedIn’s ad network strength lies in the ability to target traffic with a high degree of control over filters used, such as:
- Company size (in terms of number of employees)
- Geography (i.e. location)
- Title of Individual Profiles
- Upon reaching the “Campaign Options” page you can determine your budget for your ad based on suggested bid rates.
But do keep in mind the following:
- Minimum daily spend budget is $10
- Minimum CPC bids for LinkedIn text ads is $2.00 per click
- Minimum CPM bid for LinkedIn text ads is $2.00 per 1000 impressions
- You ad may not run the daily budget stipulated by you, due to the size of your target audience and competitiveness of your ads and bids
- Finally, you submit your ad and wait for it to be manually approved (all ads are approved manually).
But the work involved in using LinkedIn’s ad network and running a successful ad network does not stop there! Please also take note of the following pointers:
- In order make the most out of LinkedIn’s ad network (or any other ad network for that matter):
- You have to regularly review your ads and register new ads if necessary.
- Monitor your ad conversion rates
- Tweak your landing page to increase conversions
- Revise your budget to determine if the cost of running ads is generating business of more value (if conversions are your main aim)
- Beware of creating highly attractive ads that fail to deliver the promised information on the ad destination URL, for this will result in very low conversion rates, effectively resulting in a waste of advertising budget.
Any good ad campaign is never a “fire and forget” system where orders and profits start rolling in after posting ads to an ad network. Careful design and continuous testing and tweaking of ad display properties coupled with meticulous calculations concerning return of investment is necessary for each and every ad you run. This is true for all ad networks, including LinkedIn’s ad network.
In order to effectively use the ad service to its full potential, you should also invest some time in learning how to track performance of ads on an analytics platform, for which several online guides can easily be found. Online marketing has become one of the top ways for a lot of people all over the world to make money. One of the most powerful ways to accomplish this is the use of social media sites and Twitter has become one of the best places to do that. They are ranked as the second most popular social media site in the world and if you can manage to get the attention of a small fraction of that traffic, you could be making a lot of money from Twitter. In this article we are going to give you the most important information regarding the use of this platform in order to get more clients for your business.
The first steps
The first thing you need to do when you create a Twitter account is setup a good profile that has an attractive cover photo and profile pic too. Make sure that your business information is short but informative and then you will be set to get started. The important thing to keep in mind with Twitter is that you need to maintain a level of quality with your tweets in order to ensure that others will retweet them.
The first followers
Let your friends and family know about your new Twitter page because they will be the first people to follow you and this is a good way to gain some momentum. You can probably get from 50 to 100 people to follow your page and you can announce this in other social media pages like Facebook. Once you are able to get a good number of initial followers, you can start to publish tweets that pack a punch and make people feel like they are reading something that is in some way helpful to them.
Quality over quantity
The best way to start getting more people to share your content with others is to create tweets that have something interesting to offer. You should always come up with good material to post and if you don’t feel like you have something interesting to say, it’s better not to post at all until you have something of quality. When you tweet something ask yourself if you would be interested in reading it. If the answer is no, you need to wait until you come up with something that you would find interesting enough to share. Always link people to something related to your business too.
Provide useful news related to your niche
You could become an inbound marketing expert by helping people find information that is going to be useful for them. The best way to accomplish this is to make sure that every post you make contains information that people will find useful in their lives, but it should also be related to your niche.
Use images and videos
Using images and videos on your Twitter posts is also a great way to gain more attention from your viewers. Avoid posting any tasteless media that is going to drive people away from your page. You can post things that are not related to your niche if you want, but make sure that it’s something that people will find useful.
Engage your audience
A great way to get people to comment on your tweets is to engage them by asking all kinds of question that could be related to your products or services. This is truly an excellent way to get more people to participate an also share your tweets with others. When you engage your audience that way, they will feel important and valuable and this is a very powerful marketing method.